A Hands-On Experience in Business, Economics & Entrepreneurship
Apply for SEI 2018!
Do you want to:
- Learn about business and economics, even if they are not your field?
- See what it takes to become an entrepreneur?
- Intern with an AmCham Slovenia company?
- Meet American students in Slovenia for SEI?
Who may apply? Slovenian citizens aged 19-28 who are 2nd year and higher undergraduate (dodiplomski) or master’s degree students
Application deadline: Friday, April 13, 2018.
What are the highlights of the program?
- Lean Start Up program with a US Professor of Business & Entrepreneurship.
- Exploring internship possibilities with AmCham Slovenia member companies
- Overview of business, economics & the entrepreneurship ecosystem in Slovenia through expert lectures and site visits.
- Visiting a top Slovenian company.
- Seeing what it takes to become an entrepreneur in Slovenia.
- Coming up with an innovative business concept and learning to make a business pitch.
- Learning about possibilities for work, study and research in the USA.
Who organizes it?
The program is organized by the US Embassy Ljubljana and AmCham Slovenia. It is funded in part by the US Embassy Ljubljana and in part by AmCham Heroes.
The program and internships are open to Slovenian citizens aged 19-28 who are the 2nd year and higher undergraduate (dodiplomski) or master’s degree students enrolled in faculties preferably at Slovenian universities.
What are the dates of the program?
July 9-20, 2018: US Professor of Entrepreneurship Lean Start-Up program and business projects, as well as seminars, site visits, and invited speakers.
May-September: Opportunity for flexible one-month internships with AmCham Slovenia companies (128 hours/1 month)
What do you need from me?
Am I eligible?
The program and internships are open to Slovenian citizens aged 19-28 who are a 2nd year and higher undergraduate (dodiplomski) or master’s degree students enrolled in faculties preferably at Slovenian universities.
We encourage students from ANY FIELD who are interested in business or becoming an entrepreneur to apply – science, technology, engineering, math, medicine, humanities, social sciences, architecture, etc.
AmCham Slovenia companies are particularly looking for - but not limited to - students from sales and marketing, finance, mathematics and statistics, IT-Security, electrical engineering, computer and information science, and civil engineering – construction.
Applicants must be
- 2nd year and higher undergraduate (dodiplomski) or Master’s students (up to age 28) in good standing who must maintain their student status through September 30, 2018,
- able to read, write and speak English at a high level.
How many people are in the program?
Fifteen (15) interns will be selected.
Where does the program take place?
The two-week SEI program will take place in Ljubljana, Slovenia.
Internships will take place at AmCham Slovenia member companies.
Do I have to pay for the SEI program?
No, the two-seek SEI program is free for the Slovenian students selected to participate.
Do I get an internship? Is the internship paid?
The internship is paid; companies are advised to pay at least the minimum hourly rate for students.
Dates & Deadlines
- The application deadline is Friday, April 13, 2018.
- Interviews will be held for prospective interns in mid- late April 2018.
- Students will be notified of acceptance in late April 2018.
- Submit applications & all relevant accompanying documents to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.
SEI Video Links
Summer Economics Institute 2015
Summer Economics Institute 2014